Mamun Khan ||. Powered by Blogger.
RSS
I’m a very understanding person. I always put myself in the other person’s shoes and try to understand what they’re feeling, what they’re thinking and where they come from. I try to never be judgemental and to always give people the benefit of the doubt.

How Do I Lucid Dream Without Consciously Controlling It?

In the past, I have become conscious rather frequently in my dreams. For example, last night I was interacting with a few of my friends and right when the conversation took its most exciting turn, I realized I was dreaming and gained control of the dream. The only thing I wanted to do was hear the next sentence! I tried to wait out the end of the conversation and even tried to let the dream continue, but now that I was conscious, I couldn't really be surprised by anything that was happening.


What suggestions might you have for actually reaching the part of dreaming where conversation with the subconscious becomes possible? I'm not too worried about the flying or breathing underwater yet (which I actually have done on occasion), but rather, is there a way to really let the dream continue with my conscious mind playing only a minimal part in affecting the actions of others?


Rebecca says: First of all, I applaud your desire to use lucid dreaming for something more profound than just fulfillment :D


This is actually the true meaning of lucid dreaming - it's not primarily about dream control but simply having the conscious clarity of thought to enjoy the dream in a more vivid and meaningful context.


When you become lucid, heighten your awareness (rub your hands together and remind yourself you're dreaming) but refrain from exerting any other conscious will over the dream. I find if I passively explore the dreamscape for a minute (walk round a corner, through a dream door, etc) the dream picks up again on its own and I become wrapped up in the story.


If you're hanging around and still nothing happens, try actively handing the dream back to your subconscious. Say out loud "Show me something that will blow my mind!" or "Take me somewhere really cool!" Tell the dream what you want... not specifically, but that you're open to anything happening.


Or you can go somewhere to deliberately be an observer: go to a city and sit on the top of a building and observe the streets below. Lock onto a dream character you find interesting - and follow them.


Another experiment is to find a portal - a mirror, door or even a wardrobe - and jump through, expecting to find something amazing the other side (perhaps a house from the past, or a spaceship of the future). Having an expectation will admittedly start to shape the result - because you don't want to be standing at the back of an empty wardrobe, not having traveled anywhere! But it opens new possibilities for the subconscious to create a new scene with new characters and developments.


In summary, give the dream a little nudge, keep exploring, and it will resume its own path...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comment. If it is approved by the Admin, it will be published and you will be notified. Regards!!