Mamun Khan ||. Powered by Blogger.
RSS
I’m a very understanding person. I always put myself in the other person’s shoes and try to understand what they’re feeling, what they’re thinking and where they come from. I try to never be judgemental and to always give people the benefit of the doubt.

About Me: Story of a Lucid Dreamer



Us

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm 29 and have been lucid dreaming for more than half my life. I live in New Zealand with my partner, Pete, our brand new son Fox, and loads more animals of the Sheltie, sheep and chicken variety.


I built this website from scratch to share my love of lucid dreaming and to enable me to work from home. Whenever you click an ad or purchase something here, it contributes to our future and to the life of this site. Thank you!


Fun fact: Astute visitors will notice Pete was "accidentally" classed as both human and farm animal in my photo mosaic.

Our Animals

I have been lucid dreaming since I was 14 years old (more on that in a moment). It turned out to be an awesome discovery - evolving both my perception of reality and the way I look at human consciousness.


With countless lucid dreams to my name, I have a lot of first-hand experience to share, as well as tips I learned from the experts like Dr Stephen LaBerge and Robert Waggoner. I try to pass on my research and experience in a thoughtful and entertaining way to visitors of all talents and backgrounds.


If you enjoy any the 200+ free articles on this website, please consider downloading my dedicated course, The Lucid Dreaming Fast Track. It offers a structured approach to learning lucid dreaming and exclusive benefits including my Lucid Dreaming Hypnosis MP3. The aim is to teach ANYONE how to get lucid, with commitment.


In doing this, I'll help you learn the life-changing skill of lucid dreaming, and you'll help me continue to earn my living online doing what I love.


The earliest dream I can remember is when I was growing up in England at 4 or 5 years old. I fell asleep in front of the TV one afternoon watching a Tom & Jerry cartoon... and had an exceptionally long, vivid dream about a cat chasing a mouse. Even more bizarrely, the entire dream was in cartoon.

I woke up confused, unsure of what had been a dream and what was real. The transition into dreaming had been unnoticeable.

The Magic Gateway by Jeremiah Morelli

Growing up, I became fascinated by science, psychology and the dreaming mind. I discovered lucid dreaming in a magazine article as a teenager. I couldn't quite believe it was actually possible to become conscious inside the dream world.

I had to try it for myself. So over the following weeks I studied lucid dreaming and read about it as much as I could. I soon had my very first lucid dream...

Here is an edited excerpt from my lucid dream diary:


"I'm standing in an empty white room, which is completely bare like a new house. The complete lack of detail makes me curious... What is this place? Suddenly, I realize: this is a dream!


The room surges into focus. I become self aware: conscious of my body and its place in the dream world. I do my reality check and feel my fingers push right through the palm of my hand. I'm lucid!


I am so excited, I run out the door, looking for someone to tell. I find a woman who I don't recognize and shout in her face. "I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!" I'm so excited, I accidentally wake myself up."

It was like a light switch had turned on in my head. Suddenly I existed in a new, alternate reality, in which anything I could conceive of came true.


What was this phantom place?

They Came From The Sky by Dawid Michalczyk

At first, I was stunned by the realism of my dream reality - and then overjoyed by the realization that I could control and direct my awareness in the dream!


I practiced more in-depth lucid dreaming techniques. Sometimes I could have several lucid dreams per week. Yet other times, when I slowed my practice, I had nothing for a whole month. It was anything but consistent in those early days.


But when I had those lucid dreams... they were totally worth it!


In lucid dreams, I know I am dreaming and increase the intensity of the dream at will. I can "turn up my consciousness" allowing me to see, hear, feel, taste and smell everything as vividly as waking life.


I can create my own dramatic scenery, teleport to anywhere in the universe, interact with dream figures and speak directly to my subconscious mind.


This is where I start to get lost for words... because no matter what I say here, I cannot convey the beauty and emotion of a truly inspired lucid dream.


A great lucid dream can change the way you view the world.


One way to become lucid is via the WILD method. It leads to the most vivid kind of lucid dream possible because there is no lapse in consciousness.


You move directly from a conscious waking state to a conscious dreaming state. It requires some decent focus and visualization, after which your awareness "pops" into a lucid 3D dreamscape with complete immersion. Your body, by then, is asleep.


Like many WILDs, my first was extremely memorable:


"As I fall asleep, lying on my back and totally relaxed, I imagine a white sandy beach in my mind's eye. I put myself in the scene and start to place every detail as I become completely mesmerized. After a few minutes, I lose all awareness of physical reality and I "pop" into the dreamscape.


I'm standing on the beach in a vivid 3D landscape, my toes sinking into the soft, white sand. I feel completely calm and at peace with myself, without a care in the world. As I look out across the sparkling ocean, I have an urge to soar over the surface and take a big leap towards the sea.


I pick up speed as I fly over the surface of the ocean like a bird. The water is deep blue and shimmering in the sunlight. I dip my hands in and relish the feeling of the cool water running between my fingers. The dream forms automatically beyond my awareness. It is really happening.


I start to hear beautiful music coming from my subconscious mind; a man singing to an acoustic guitar, backed by many layers of strings. The music captures the beauty of the dream perfectly. I am in paradise."


Lucid dreams really are something else.


In other guided dreams, I have:

Spoken with my subconscious mind to resolve inner conflictsTeleported across the world to "visit" other people in my dreamsTraveled into the distant past and observed ancient manFlown high over New York City at night hand-in-hand with PeteRocketed through the universe at impossible speeds

I'm not alone - there are millions of people who have these flights of fancy. And you can be one of them, since we all have the untapped ability to lucid dream.


This website is both my creative outlet and a source of helpful information for people all over the world. Inspiring people to lucid dream is the #1 goal of this site.


World of Lucid DreamingI launched the site as a hobby in 2008 and it quickly turned into my career, delivering a healthy income while I wrote more articles and developed my own multimedia lucid dreaming course.


Today World of Lucid Dreaming is one of the top authority sites on dream control and receives around half a million page views each month.


If you'd like to learn more about how I made this website and how it pays my bills, read my article How to Make an Income-Generating Website on Your Hobby.


Pete CasaleMy partner Pete is also a frequent lucid dreamer and has become increasingly involved with building content for this website, not to mention the website design.


Pete has written articles on making music in lucid dreams, becoming lucid via subliminal induction, and how video games affect conscious dreaming, as well as helping produce my new lucid dreaming app due for release in 2013. If that wasn't enough, he also creates original digital music such as Lucid and Lucid Redux Alpha which appear in my lucid dreaming videos.


It's about time he got a mention for it all here. If you like what he does, check out his website featuring his music, cartoons and other musings.


One way to have more frequent lucid dreams is to keep the idea firmly on the brain throughout the waking day. It's called dream incubation. So I encourage all readers to follow me on social media and receive instant updates on the latest lucid dreaming articles, news, dream research, tips and techniques.

Lucid Dreaming Forum - Register for free at my dedicated lucid dreaming forum to ask questions and share experiences and dream philosophies. Facebook - I run a lively Facebook Page with 10,000 fans sharing questions, advice and experiences every day. Twitter - I Tweet every new article I publish online, so if you want to know about new content and other musings, follow me on Twitter @luciddreamers. Newsletter - Every 1-2 months I send out a free newsletter with new lucid dreaming tutorials, insights, Q&A, feature articles, news and giveaways.

If you've found my work helpful, please donate to show your support.


Thanks for giving back - you are awesome.


If you have any burning questions about lucid dreaming, please check out my Lucid Dreaming FAQ or my article 10 Mistakes Made by Beginner Lucid Dreamers. If you find your question isn't covered, do post it at the Lucid Dreaming Forum.


Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy exploring my website as much as I enjoy writing it :)


Rebecca Turner

Rebecca Turner
Creator, World of Lucid Dreaming

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comment. If it is approved by the Admin, it will be published and you will be notified. Regards!!